- Handbooks and Program of Study
THE EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY OF CONCORD SCHOOL
Concord School, located in a small rural town in Vermont, educates children from pre-kindergarten through grade twelve. At Concord School close social interaction among students and teachers and maximize the opportunities for academic achievement. These close, active relationships promote school spirit and a special bonding within the community. With this background in mind, the community, administration, and the staff of Concord School support a positive environment which:
At Concord School we believe that…
- Education is the shared responsibility of home, school, and the community.
- Open communication within the school and community play an important role in developing and maintaining positive attitudes towards education.
- Curriculum and instruction should meet the needs of all students, taking into account all learning styles and abilities.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A positive, respectful, and safe environment promotes student learning.
- A student’s self esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Great things happen when home, school, and community are united.
THE CONCORD SCHOOL COMMUNITY COMPACT (Required by Title I)
CONCORD SCHOOL PERSONNEL
For our students’ success we will:
- provide a safe and effective learning environment.
- establish and maintain lines of communication between school and home.
- comply with district and state policies and regulations.
- promote high expectations for student behavior and academic achievement.
- provide opportunities for every student to be successful.
- promote student responsibility for behavior and actions.
- model the behaviors set forth in the student handbook.
We believe that all students should have opportunities for individual success in a positive, respectful, and safe learning environment, instilling the desire to learn in every child. We are committed to a progressive approach while striving for individual excellence in a rapidly changing technological world.